Telecom meets software development, a welcome ally in responding to the IoT demands
It’s hardly news that traditional telecom businesses are in a tight spot. Changing their portfolio or gradually fading away – here are the available alternatives.
The reason for this lies within the explosion of new types of services and new delivery methods. To go straight to the point – if video killed the radio star, the Internet gave few chances to the TV and classic telecommunications. Its own stronger and more ubiquitous relative – the IoT, is the final blow to the old Telco industry.
That is, only if the businesses don’t leverage the situation on their side. Since many of the important players in the field are now already implementing their chosen course change, the “if” became more of a “when”. It is to be expected that all Telco operators that want to stick with this industry will restructure their offers.
What does upgrading Telco have to do with software development?
“Operators need to create dynamic new business models” – article on the systemic telecoms crisis. The new models “could implement the technologies of deep traffic analysis (DPI), service virtualization that cloud models increasingly use. An important trend is the consolidation of the larger industry players and the saturation of the market”.
Same source continues: “However, telecom has a lot to develop. Free services stimulate the use of more complex tools and such services become sponsored. A good prospect, for example, is M2M services, because inter-machine communication can generate huge amounts of traffic”.
IoT demands telecom – software development business partnerships
Another ReadWrite article tackles the telecom – IoT relationship alone. Smart, intelligent things own the future. Each of them comes with associated software, applications and online platforms. The big effort is to create an integrated global environment.
The telecom players “should redefine their business strategies, including key offerings around IoT”. Also, moving up the IoT value chain is mandatory, and it starts with better, more in-demand offerings.
In summary, the article we browsed lays down a few guidelines:
– Provide IoT-customized offerings;
– Be prepared to protect the IoT data by using blockchain;
– Find out about “smart contracts” and adopt them asap;
– Use partnership for success and survival (examples are in the source-article).
Is your telecom company in need of this type of changes? Looking for the right software consultancy & development partner?
Remember that at LASTING Software, we:
…speed up the R&D process, reduce time to revenue and reduce burn rate, enabling you to achieve more with less, faster. We give you the ability to extend your reach into customers for only marginal cost, we enable you to access new revenue streams and allow you to manage contingency without growing headcount.
…adapt to your business’s needs:
- We provide IT consultancy services that involve an initial assessment of your operational needs;
- Our way of working ranges from fixed-cost projects to time & material projects;
- The types of collaboration available include extension of the team, feature teams or entirely independent product teams;
- We listen to your story. This way, we establish the issues to fix, the elements to improve and the best software-related choices;
- Together, we design a plan that would best serve the requirements, and agree upon the software modules or solutions to implement and design;
- We adapt the existing software, or develop the new software to suit each individual need.
- We deliver our product on time. Next, we provide support in the implementation, user training, and post-implementation stages.
- We value same room collaboration. Nothing surpasses the power of personal collaboration.