1. Understanding and reviewing the requirement specifications;
2. Creating the test plans – test scope, test items, entry and exit criteria, test schedule, deliverables, risks and contingencies;
3. Designing the test cases and creating test data;
4. Setting up the test environment;
5. Executing tests;
6. Managing defects (log defects, assign severity, assign priority, defect tracking, defect closure);
7. Analyzing results and creating test reports;
8. Creating the software system user manual and all the necessary docs for release.